When Something Excites You, It Scares You: Embracing the Duality with Bentinho Massaro
Many people experience a sense of fear when they come across an exciting opportunity or idea. Bentinho Massaro, a spiritual teacher and influencer, has delved into this topic to provide guidance and understanding of this duality. In this blog post, we will explore why excitement can sometimes bring about fear and learn how to embrace these emotions to ultimately live a more fulfilled and vibrant life.
The Excitement-Fear Connection
When we come across something that excites us, it often feels like a breath of fresh air. It might be an opportunity for personal growth, a new adventure, or a creative project. However, the very same thing that excites us can also trigger fear. This fear usually stems from the unknown, the possibility of failure, or the challenge of stepping outside our comfort zone.
According to Bentinho Massaro, this fear is a natural part of our human experience. It arises because we are moving into a new vibrational frequency, one that aligns with our soul’s purpose. When we feel excited, we are tapping into our true selves, but simultaneously, our ego tries to maintain control, leading to fear.
Embracing the Duality
Instead of avoiding fear, Bentinho Massaro encourages us to embrace it. By understanding that excitement and fear are two sides of the same coin, we can use this duality to our advantage. Here are some steps to help you embrace the excitement-fear connection:
- Acknowledge the fear: Recognize the fear that arises when you encounter something exciting. Validate your emotions and give yourself permission to feel both excitement and fear.
- Reframe your perspective: Understand that fear is an indicator of growth and expansion. When you start to see fear as a sign of moving forward, it becomes less daunting.
- Surrender to the process: Allow yourself to be open to the experience and trust that you are being guided by your inner wisdom. Embrace the unknown and remember that growth comes from stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Take action: Don’t let fear paralyze you. Use the excitement as a driving force to take action, even if it’s just a small step toward your goal.
- Reflect on past experiences: Remind yourself of the times when you’ve faced fear and excitement, and how those experiences have shaped you into the person you are today.