In a world that tries to fit everything into neat little boxes, spirituality stands out as a vibrant splash of color that refuses to be confined. Bentinho Massaro shares an enlightening perspective on this very idea. He suggests that at the heart of our existence lies a principle so vast and profound that it defies categorization. This principle, which could be called God, the Universe, or simply life itself, exists beyond forms, names, and the physical confines of our world.
Think of it this way: just like the air we breathe, this principle of life is all around us, invisible and intangible, yet undeniably real. It’s not something we can capture and analyze under a microscope, yet its presence is what gives depth and meaning to our existence. Ben invites us to explore this realm through direct experience rather than through the lens of dogma or religious doctrine. He believes that by connecting with this underlying essence, we can discover our true selves and, in turn, find peace and clarity amidst the chaos of life.
The journey to understanding this boundless spirituality isn’t about adopting a new set of beliefs or following a specific path laid out by others. It’s about peeling back the layers of who we think we are to reveal the core of our being. This exploration can be likened to navigating through the eye of a storm, where the only way out is to go through. Yet, as daunting as it may seem, this journey is essential for personal growth and the collective evolution of our society.
Ben emphasizes the importance of a spiritual practice that is free from the constraints of tradition and dogma. He advocates for a direct awakening to our deepest selves, a process that promises to resolve the myriad issues we face on a surface level by addressing their root causes. By understanding our true nature, we can overcome the delusions that lead to suffering and discord, both within ourselves and in the world around us.
This message is particularly relevant in today’s world, where many are seeking meaning and purpose beyond the material. Ben’s teachings encourage us to look within and discover the infinite potential that lies dormant, waiting to be awakened. By doing so, we not only enrich our own lives but also contribute to a larger movement towards global harmony and understanding.
“Spirituality is the art of becoming one with the unnameable essence of life, discovering that which is eternal within us.” – Bentinho Massaro
“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” – John 3:8 (Bible)
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” – John 8:32
- Self-compassion is key: This isn’t about getting it “right”. Spiritual exploration is messy and ongoing.
- There’s no single “right way”: Find practices that resonate with you personally. What one person finds liberating, another might find confining.
- Small steps: Integrating these practices consistently, even briefly, is far more beneficial than sporadic deep dives.
- Mindful Observation: Spend a few minutes simply observing your thoughts and feelings without judgment. Be present. Notice how your mind attempts to categorize and label those thoughts and feelings. Instead, just let them be.
- Questioning Labels: When encountering spiritual ideas or religious concepts, try asking questions: “Where does this belief come from?”, “Does this idea help me connect with my true self?”, and “Does this feel restrictive or liberating?”
- Exploring Meditation: There are countless meditation styles out there. Experiment! Guided meditations on apps or YouTube provide a starting point. You might begin with simply focusing on your breath for a few minutes each day.
- Personal Definition: Take time to write down your own working definition of “spirituality”. What does it mean to you? Allow that definition to be fluid, changing as you do.